Thursday, December 3, 2009

60 1 Avenue West, Drumheller, Alberta


It's been awhile, so in the spirit of giving, I am sharing three places I wish I were …

It was art day in kindergarten and the day's project was all about dinosaurs. We had been learning about dinosaurs all week and in order to continue the theme my teacher gave us each a large dinosaur cutout to paint until our heart's content. She gave me a Triceratops. I wanted a Tyrannosaurus Rex. I never forgot that day (obviously). I remember standing there once my teacher had hung our finished masterpieces on the wall, wishing I had painted the purple Tyrannosaurus Rex instead of the orange Triceratops. Well the dinosaur envy continues to this day because I've never been to Drumheller but I've heard tales of the World's Largest Dionosaur that makes his home here. He also happens to be a Tyrannosaurus Rex. Someone was kind enough to snap a picture of Rex for me during their brief visit the other day. And in honour of the 2010 Vancouver Olympic Torch Relay he's wearing the official 2010 mittens. Glorious!

No comments:

Post a Comment